Monday, May 16, 2011

I went to sing karaoke last night, along with my brother's fiancee, Morgan, and her friend, Amy.  I was the one driving, so was being the DD if they decided to drink.  When we were picking up Amy, before she got in the car, she picked up a book that she would have sat on if she had just got in.  However, she didn't just pick up the book, she tossed it carelessly and I cringed and bit my tongue.  I wanted to say, "Really? Is that the way you treat books?"  However, I didn't and the night went on.

I was thinking tonight, though, and came to realize that many people treat God like that, all too often.  We carelessly toss His name around, some people make jokes about Him, whether it be God the Father, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit.  Then, some people just talk to Him whenever they feel; it can be several years before they seriously communicate with Him.  We're treating God even worse than a book, but He is much more valuable than a book.  He is the most valuable thing we could ever dream of seeing and sometimes people treat him worse than trash.  The next time we do something involves God and our treatment of Him, let's do it with love, not carelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment