Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Say what?

Dear God,

I had absolutely no idea I was going to say that.  Please help me deal with the consequences, good or bad.  Thank you.
Love,
Adam

Do you ever say that sort of prayer to yourself? Minus signing it Adam, unless your name is Adam, of course.  I'm saying that right now.  I just had the same question posed to me and repeated, kind of like when Jesus asks Peter, "Do you love me?"  Either that, or when Peter is questioned in the courtyard about being Jesus' disciple.  The question wasn't even posed that forcefully, at least I don't think it was.  I should have told the full truth when I was asked the first time, but I thought I'd skirt around it.  But then I was asked again, and maybe a third time, I don't really remember.  But the last time I was asked, I gave the person the truth, all of it.  And it took both of us by surprise, and I'm somewhat confused by the response right now.  I have no idea what happened really, I feel like I either just opened Pandora's box or brought fire back to humankind.  I'm sure that's hyperbole, but that's what it feels like at the moment.  A momentous decision that will impact my life forever.  The funny thing is, God was in that decision.  It's like, to use a Carrie Underwood reference, I let Jesus take the wheel.  And while I'm nervous about it, I'm less nervous and inquisitive about it than I would be were I trying to control the situation.  If God is leading you towards something, it'll turn out to be good, even if it doesn't look like it at first.  Trust in the Lord.  Much easier said than done, especially for me, but definitely worth it in the long run.  We'll see where this leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment