Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And there was silence...

On Friday afternoon, after Mass, we finished our 6 day long silent retreat.  That was spiritually productive, as well as forcing me to take a deeper look at myself again.  I didn't like some of what I saw, as it was ugly, so I re-learned what I need to work on.  I liked a lot of what I saw, as well; however, I need to work to improve that as well.  When all is said and done, I've got work to do.  Thankfully, I've got time, actually, up until the point of my death.  However, just because I have time does not mean that I should procrastinate.  If we as people procrastinate, especially in regards to our spiritual lives, we're only going to get worse.

I'm not happy, or even comfortable, where I am spiritually.  The interesting thing is when I look at some of the spiritual big hitters who are in my life, they're not happy or content with where they are in their own spiritual life.  When they, who are like Humphrey Bogart to my Zac Efron (make fun of him all you want, but he's shown that he's a good actor and can play different roles), some one that will take years and years of work to even reasonably attempt comparing the two, are striving to be better every day, it really makes me think.  It's like, wow, they really love God, and it shows.  The killer thing is, they're humble about it because they had their own spiritual big hitters in their lives and they know what it's like.  They still probably have them.  So you want to be holy?  Pray and work on living a holy, humble life.  Make your exterior actions synchronize with your interior.  I know I've got to work on it, every day, for the rest of my life.  So please, pray for me, I need your prayers.  Maybe one day, you and I will be spiritual big hitters in some one else's life, I certainly hope I'm humble then, continually looking to my spiritual big hitters.  Thanks for joining and following me on this journey in any way that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment